Daily inspiration from one of the most influential spiritual teachers in the world.
Featuring meditations for every day of the year, Yes, and... provides a comprehensive collection of Richard Rohr's thought and teaching, based on seven themes:
- Methodology: Scripture as validated by experience, and experience as validated by tradition, are good scales for one’s spiritual worldview
- Foundation: If God is Trinity and Jesus is the face of God, then it is a benevolent universe. God is not someone to be afraid of, but is the Ground of Being and is on our side.
- Frame: There is only one Reality. Any distinction between natural and supernatural, sacred and profane is a bogus one.
- Ecumenism: Everything belongs and no one needs to be scapegoated or excluded. Evil and illusion only need to be named and exposed truthfully, and they die in exposure to the light.
- Transformation: The separate self is the problem, whereas most religion and most people make the “shadow self” the problem. This leads to denial, pretending, and projecting instead of real transformation into the Divine.
- Process: The path of descent is the path of transformation. Darkness, failure, relapse, death, and woundedness are our primary teachers, rather than ideas or doctrines.
- Goal: Reality is paradoxical and complementary. Non-dual thinking is the highest level of consciousness. Divine union, not private perfection, is the goal of all religion.
Richard Rohr is a Franciscan priest of the New Mexico Province. He founded the Center for Action and Contemplation in Albuquerque, New Mexico, in 1986, where he presently serves as founding director. Rohr is the author of more than twenty books, an internationally known speaker, and a regular contributing writer for Sojouners and Tikkun magazines, as well as the CAC’s quarterly journal, Oneing, and its daily online posts.
There are no reviews for this product yet. Be the first to submit a review.